Course Type: Appetizer
Fried NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes with Spicy Yogurt
They aren't green, but these fried tomatoes will soon be a classic in your kitchen!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. coarse black pepper
- Your favorite hot sauce, to taste
- 1 10-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. water
- 4 cups canola oil
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, mix all-purpose flour and breadcrumbs.
- In another small bowl, beat egg and water with whisk.
- Working in batches, roll NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes in the egg wash, transfer to the flour/breadcrumb mixture and roll to coat. Repeat to double-coat each tomato and place the finished tomatoes in a single layer on an ungreased sheet pan.
- Heat canola oil to 350° F in a deep saucepan.
- Fry the tomatoes a few at a time, lowering into the hot oil gently. Fry about 60 seconds until golden brown.
- Serve warm with spicy yogurt.