Glorys® Tomato Cheesecake
Course Type: Dessert
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
A sweet and savory take on a classic cheesecake
- 2 containers NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups cornflakes crumbs
- 2 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tomato jam
- Dump the halved NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes into a medium skillet, and heat on medium high. Add sugar and water, then stir. Simmer, stirring occasionally until the tomatoes cook down and are a jammy consistency (takes about 10 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and put in a bowl to cool completely. Reserve until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- To prepare the crust, combine the cornflakes crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, melted butter and salt in a small bowl, and stir to mix well.
- Get out a 9-inch springform pan. With your fingers, gently press the cornflakes mixture into the bottom and up the sides.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, with a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, eggs, sugar and half of the tomato jam.
- Pour the batter into the pan over the crust. Place the springform pan onto a baking sheet (to help the cheesecake cook evenly), and bake for 30 minutes.
- The center will still be a bit jiggly, but will firm up as it cools. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool to room temperature. Then place in the refrigerator for a least an hour to cool completely. When ready to serve, remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and top with the remaining tomato jam.