Glorys® Veggie “Sliders”
Course Type: Lunch Entreé, Snack
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Take your side salad to the next level!
- 6 NatureSweet Glorys® tomatoes
- 12 NatureSweet SunBursts® tomatoes
- 1 Kirby/pickling cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
- 12 small fresh basil leaves
- 6 small baby portabella mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 slice cheddar cheese, cut into 12 squares
- 2 tbsp. whipped cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds or poppy seeds
- Your choice of cooking spray
- Cut the NatureSweet SunBursts® tomatoes in half.
- Using the flatter, stem side of the SunBursts® tomato as the bottom, build a tiny “slider” with a piece of basil first, then a slice of cucumber, a slice of mushroom, a slice of cheese, a slice of Glorys® tomato, a small dollop of cream cheese, and top with the other half of the SunBursts® tomato.
- Skewer with a toothpick.
- Spray the top of the tomato “slider” with cooking spray, and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds to make it look more like a burger bun.
The key to making the “sliders” look like mini burgers is to find cucumber and mushroom slices that are about the same size as the tomato.
Makes 12 “sliders”