Course Type: Main Course
Italian Panzanella Sandwich With Glorys®
Good food in a flash
- 1 container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup English cucumber, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 cup yellow pepper, thinly sliced and then cut in half
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole loaf ciabatta bread*
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, yellow pepper, basil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables, and toss well to combine. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes to meld flavors.
- Cut the ciabatta loaf in half lengthwise. Pile all the ingredients onto one side of the loaf, making sure all the juices are poured onto the bread as well. Replace the top of the loaf.
- Wrap the entire loaf in parchment paper, and tie tightly with string in three places. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to allow the juices to soak into the bread.
- Cut into 6 pieces when ready to eat. Serve at room temperature.
*If you can’t find a whole loaf of ciabatta bread, use 6 ciabatta rolls.