Minted Watermelon and Eclipses™ Tomato Salad
Course Type: Gluten Free, Side Salad
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Savory and fresh with a Greek twist
- 1 container NatureSweet® Eclipses™ tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 slices watermelon, about 1-inch thick
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill.
- Place the tomato wedges, watermelon slices and onion slices on a hot grill. Grill for about 3 minutes, and remove the tomato wedges. Continue grilling the watermelon and onion another 2 minutes, then flip and continue grilling for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the watermelon and onion from the grill, and cut the watermelon into bite-sized pieces, discarding the rind. Dice the onion, and cut the tomato wedges in half.
- Place the cubed watermelon, diced onion and chopped tomatoes in a bowl. Add the mint, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, and combine well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.