Course Type: Appetizer
NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomato Bacon Bites
Bacon and NatureSweet® tomatoes - we can't imagine a more perfect match!
- 1 10-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes
- 1 pound center-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fine chopped green onions
- Wash tomatoes and place on a cutting board, stem side down.
- Using paring knife, cut a thin slice across the top, being careful not to cut through the tomato.
- Carefully scoop out the inside of the tomatoes, using a small spoon or strawberry huller.
- Place tomatoes upside down on a paper towel for 30 minutes to drain.
- Fry bacon until crisp and chop into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, mix chopped bacon, mayonnaise and green onions.
- Fill tomatoes with mixture.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!