NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomato Cornbread
Course Type: Side Dish
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Add some color to your cornbread
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 1 bag frozen corn, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 cup sweet orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup thin-sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup tiny cubes or crumbles of feta cheese
- 1-1/5 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup other sharp melting cheese such as Gouda or aged jack cheese
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 pkg. cornbread mix (follow package instructions)
- Position rack in center of the oven and preheat to 375° F.
- Prepare vegetables and cheese; have them ready.
- Place the butter in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet and set in the oven to melt, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, prepare the cornbread mix according to package.
- Remove the pan from the oven, swirl to coat the sides with butter, then pour butter in the cornbread batter along with the corn and half of the grated cheeses, stirring quickly and gently to combine.
- Scrape batter into the butter-coated skillet, top with tomatoes, peppers, the rest of the grated cheeses, feta and onions.
- Bake the cornbread until golden on top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 35-35 minutes.
The cook time may vary depending on oven and moisture in vegetables.