Course Type: Breakfast
NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomato Frittata
Get your day off to a great start with this delicious frittata!
- 1 10-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved (save 1/4 cup for topping)
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped prosciutto
- 2 tbsp. snipped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 coarse ground pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, prosciutto, 1 tbsp. basil, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes, diced red onion and remaining 1 tbsp. basil. Cook 1 minute.
- Pour egg mixture onto skillet mixture and cook over medium heat. As eggs set, run a spatula under the eggs so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting eggs until almost set.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese.
- Place skillet under broiler, 4-5 inches from heat. Broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup halved Glorys® tomatoes.