NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomato Mac ’n’ Cheese
Course Type: Side Dish
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
A spicy spin on this classic comfort food.
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved and quartered
- 1 pound box penne pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped
- 1 8-oz. loaf Mexican-style pasteurized prepared cheese, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 7-oz. can diced green chilies
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes. Add cheese and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until the cubes melt. Stir in sour cream, blending well.
- Pour pasta into skillet. Gently fold in Glorys® tomatoes and green chilies with the pasta and cheese mixture for 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.