NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes Creamy Brie Crostini
Course Type: Appetizer
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
The perfect combination of creamy brie, delicious herbs and zesty tomatoes
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes
- 1 baguette, cut in half (or in half-inch thick round slices)
- 8 oz. triple cream Brie cheese at room temperature
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp. rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350°-450° F).
- In large bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together and set aside.
- Grill the Glorys® tomatoes over medium direct heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the skins begin to blister (about 2-4 minutes), turning once or twice.
- Carefully cut each tomato in half with a serrated knife. Add the cut tomatoes to the vinaigrette and mix gently. Set aside at room temperature.
- Grill the baguette slices over direct medium heat, with the lid open, until lightly toasted on each side (1-2 minutes), turning once or twice.
- Brush the baguette slices on one side with some vinaigrette and smear some Brie on top. Using a fork, lift the cut tomato halves one at a time from the vinaigrette and set one or two on top of each crostini.
- Serve immediately.