NatureSweet® Halibut with Glorys® Tomatoes and Leeks
Course Type: Main Course
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
A very flavorful yet light way with grilled fish
- 1 10-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, quartered
- 2 medium leeks, dark green tops removed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 skinless halibut fillets, each 6 to 8 oz. and 3/4 inch thick
- Special equipment: Perforated grill pan
- Turn the grill on medium heat and preheat the grill pan for about 10 minutes.
- Cut each leek in half lengthwise, keeping the root end intact to hold the leaf layers together. Rinse the halves in a bowl of water to remove any dirt between the layers. Cut each half crosswise into 3/4-inch slices, starting at the trimmed end and working your way toward the root end; discard the root end. In a bowl, mix the leek slices with 2 tbsp. oil to coat them evenly.
- Quarter each of the NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes.
- When the grill pan is hot, add leeks to the pan, spreading out in a single layer. Grill over medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the leeks are browned, 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Then add the tomatoes, and continue to grill until the leeks are tender and the tomatoes have softened a bit, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a medium bowl. Add 1 tbsp. dill, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Mix well and let cool.
- Increase temperature of the grill to high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup oil, 1 tbsp. dill, 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Place the fillets in the bowl and turn to coat them evenly. Grill the fillets over high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until they are fully cooked but still moist, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- Serve the fillets warm on top of the tomatoes and leeks.