NatureSweet® Jubilees® Sliders
Course Type: Main Course
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Mini BLJs: Bacon. Lettuce. Jubilees!
- 5 NatureSweet® Jubilees® tomatoes, cut into 20 slices
- 12 slider buns
- 1/4 cup aioli
- 12 small leaves butter lettuce
- 12 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked (about 1 pound)
- Pesto (optional)
- Tapenade (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 egg yolks, large
- 1-1/4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. to 1/4 cup water
- Cut the slider buns in half horizontally. Heat a flat (dry) pan over medium-high heat and place the bun halves, cut-side down, in the pan until lightly toasted. Remove to cutting board or work surface.
- Spread 1 tsp. aioli on the bottom half of each bun.
- Top each aioli-covered piece with a leaf of lettuce and then 2 slices of tomato. Break each slice of bacon into 2 to 3 pieces and stack over the tomato on each sandwich. Top with the remaining bun halves with pesto or tapenade, and skewer each slider with a toothpick.
- Place the first four listed ingredients in a food processor. Puree together.
- Slowly drizzle in the listed oils to emulsify. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time to desired consistency.