NatureSweet® SunBursts® Guacamole
Course Type: Appetizer
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Guacamole perfected with NatureSweet® SunBursts® tomatoes
- 1/2 cup NatureSweet® SunBursts® tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup NatureSweet® SunBursts® tomatoes, quartered for garnish
- 1 tbsp. peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño, seeded if desired, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and smashed
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Tortillas chips
- Place the ginger, jalapeño and garlic on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, chop the ingredients together until they are minced and well combined. Sprinkle the mixture with 1/4 tsp. salt. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- Add the chopped cilantro, onions, SunBursts® tomatoes and avocados. Toss gently to combine.
- Add the lime juice and 3/4 tsp. salt, and toss again.
- Transfer the guacamole to a serving bowl and garnish with the 1/2 cup quartered SunBursts® tomatoes and cilantro sprig. Serve with tortilla chips.