Roasted NatureSweet® Glorys® and Goat Cheese
Course Type: Appetizer
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Start strong with this fast and flavorful appetizer
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- A few pinches sugar
- Fresh coarse ground pepper
- 1/2 baguette, sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 6 oz. goat cheese
- Fresh basil and olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Spread out the tomatoes on a baking sheet. Toss with 1-2 tbsp. olive oil until the tomatoes are well coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and few pinches of sugar. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the remaining olive oil and butter. With a pastry brush, spread oil and butter mixture to both sides of baguette, then line them up on a baking sheet.
- Place them in the oven with the tomatoes and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- When the tomatoes are done, transfer to an oven-safe tray or bowl and top with goat cheese. Place back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes to warm the goat cheese. Remove from the oven, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with fresh basil (optional).
- Serve with toasted baguette or crackers.