Course Type: Appetizer
Shrimp Ceviche with NatureSweet® Glorys®
Sweet ceviche with a kick
- 4 cups NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, cut into 1/8
- 3 pounds medium-size raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, rough chop
- 8 limes, juiced
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and finely minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 3 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 2 large avocados, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chopped shrimp on bottom of shallow glass baking dish. Pour lemon and lime juice over them and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- The juice will cook the shrimp. Toss gently with remaining ingredients and refrigerate one more hour or longer.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips or as a topper for grilled fish!