Classic Pasta Salad
Summertime = pasta salad season in our house, and you can’t do pasta salad without NatureSweet Cherubs tomatoes. They are the star of the show in this classic pasta salad, a family favorite I grew up on. I love this recipe because you don’t need any fancy ingredients to make it happen, and it’s filled with loads of fresh flavor. A large pasta salad filled with tomatoes and crunchy vegetables was always a go-to for cookouts and gatherings at our house when I was a kid. Whenever I make this recipe, it reminds me of summer days and family fun. It might not seem like much, but all of the ingredients come together to make one delicious plant forward pasta bowl. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Ingredients:Recipe courtesy of Ashley Walterhouse (@fitmittenkitchen)Ingredients
- 1 lb short pasta (e.g. rotini)
- 2 pints NatureSweet Cherub Tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 3 Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1 can pitted black olives, sliced
- 2 medium bell peppers, diced (I used orange & yellow)
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 8 ounces Chopped mozzarella cheese (I used fresh)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Black pepper & red pepper flakes, to taste
- Garnish with fresh basil
Instructions:Classic Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse then toss with a little bit of olive oil in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, slice the NatureSweet Cherubs® Tomatoes in half, dice cucumbers, bell peppers, onion, slice olives and mozzarella.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar, close tightly with a lid and shake well.
- Begin adding about half of all the vegetables to the bowl of pasta, drizzle with half of the dressing, toss and add the remaining vegetables and dressing, gently tossing again until combined. Garnish with freshly chopped basil if you’d like, store in refrigerator until ready to serve.