Course Type: Appetizer
- 4 Naturesweet Eclipse tomatoes
- 1 15.5-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup mayonnaise (vegan if needed)
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried dill
- Paprika or smoked paprika, optional
- Use a serrated knife to slice tomatoes in half, then use a metal spoon to scoop seeds and pulp out of each tomato half. Place tomato halves cut side down on a paper towel to drain while you prepare the filling.
- In a high speed blender or the bowl of a food processor with a multi-purpose blade attached, process the chickpeas, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, turmeric, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and dill. Pause to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed. Process until the mixture is smooth and no whole chickpeas remain. If the mixture is too thick, add a bit of water 1 teaspoon at a time to thin.
- Taste filling and adjust seasoning to your taste, if needed.
- Transfer filling to a piping bag or plastic storage bag with one corner snipped off. Pipe the filling into each tomato half and top with a dusting of paprika or smoked paprika. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.