Easy Blistered Tomato and Corn Salsa
Course Type: Appetizer, Game Day, Salsa, Snack, Vegetarian
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Blistered tomatoes bring out the fruit’s natural sweetness in this sensational salsa.
- 2 pounds NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 4 jalapeños, stemmed and halved
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced in halves
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread the tomatoes, jalapeños, onion, and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat. Transfer to the center rack of the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to soften. Allow the ingredients to cool slightly.
- For a thicker style salsa, transfer the roasted jalapenos, onion, and garlic to a cutting board and chop into thick pieces, then combine with the tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- For a smoother style salsa, combine the roasted ingredients, lime juice, and seasoning in a food processor (or blender), and pulse to desired consistency. Fold in the chopped cilantro.
- Serve warm or chilled. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.