Course Type: Side Dish, Side Salad, Vegan, Vegetarian
Easy Sherry Tomato Vinaigrette
Add a pop of color and flavor to mealtime with this versatile dressing.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 cup NatureSweet® Cherubs®
- 1 medium garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium shallot, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of the grapeseed oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add tomatoes and sear, stirring occasionally, until the skins pucker and begin to color, about 2 minutes. (Be careful: some tomatoes might burst)
- Stir in the garlic and shallot. Cook until slightly softened, about 1 minute more.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a small, deep mixing bowl, add vinegar, and purée with an immersion blender. (You can also blend the tomato mixture in a blender, but allow the mixture to cool slightly first and use caution when blending hot items)
- Slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup grapeseed oil and olive oil in a thin, steady stream, blending constantly with the immersion blender, until well incorporated.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, mix in the fresh parsley and adjust seasoning as desired.