Course Type: Appetizer, Lunch Entreé, Vegetarian
Fresh Tomato Olive Tart
Frozen puff pastry is your shortcut to tomato Nirvana.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 25-30 NatureSweet® Constellation® tomatoes, halved
- 5.75-ounce jar pimento stuffed green olives, drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Place NatureSweet® Constellation® tomatoes cut side down on a paper towel. Let them drain for 30 minutes—because, hey, nobody likes a soggy crust.
- Preheat oven to 400oF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold the puff pastry and place on your parchment-lined sheet. Score the pastry 1/2 inch from the edge, then prick in a few places with a fork.
- In a large bowl, toss the NatureSweet® Constellation® tomatoes, olives, pine nuts, olive oil, and thyme. Spread evenly in a single layer over pastry, making sure the NatureSweet® Constellation® are cut side up (never-soggy trick #2). Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges of pastry are golden brown, puffed and crisp and top with goat cheese right away. Let tart cool 10 minutes before cutting into 6 pieces. Trust us, it’s at its sweet tomato-y best when served the same day.