Grilled Glorys® Tomato Dressing with Charred Romaine Lettuce
Course Type: Side Salad
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Take your side salad to the next level!
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 small heads romaine lettuce, rinsed, dried and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Preheat grill.
- Place the Glorys® tomatoes onto skewers.
- Place the tomatoes and onion wedges on the hot grill, heat for about 3 minutes, and then flip and grill for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes and onions from the grill and from the skewers, and place in a food processor. Reserve one skewer full of tomatoes for garnish.
- Add the garlic clove and basil, and pulse several times to combine the ingredients. Process for about another minute. With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil until well combined. Add the salt. Reserve the dressing to a bowl or small pitcher.
- Drizzle the romaine lettuce with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Grill the romaine halves on high for about 3 minutes until charred and slightly wilted. Remove from the grill and plate.
- To plate the salad, place two romaine halves on a plate and drizzle with some of the grilled tomato dressing. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and several of the reserved grilled Glorys® tomatoes.