Keto Skillet Chicken with Blistered Tomatoes and Basil Butter
Course Type: Entree, Keto-friendly, Main Course
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Don’t love doing the dishes? You’re going to love this simply scrumptious one skillet dinner.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 10 oz NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 clove of garlic
- Cauliflower rice
- Place your cast iron skillet in the oven, then preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Season the chicken on both sides generously with salt and pepper. In a small mixing bowl, toss the tomatoes in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When the oven is heated, carefully remove the cast iron pan with potholders, and place the chicken breasts in the skillet. Top the chicken breasts with the tomatoes.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165ºF, and the tomatoes have softened. There’s no need to flip the chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the basil butter. In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, basil, lemon zest and garlic. Mash with a fork or an offset spatula until fully combined.
- Top the chicken and tomatoes with the basil butter, and serve with cauliflower rice.