NatureSweet® Constellation™ Panzanella Bread Salad
Course Type: Side Salad
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Taking a classic panzanella salad up a notch
- 1 16.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Constellation™ tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups torn baguette or crusty Italian bread
- 5 tbsp. olive oil, divided use
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place top oven rack in the upper third of the oven. Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a 15x10-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange tomatoes and garlic in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Place torn bread pieces in a large bowl. Drizzle with 3 tbsp. olive oil and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer on a second 15x10-inch baking sheet.
- Roast the tomatoes and garlic on the upper rack and the bread on the lower rack, approximately 25 minutes. Roast the tomatoes and garlic just until the tomato skins begin to split. Roast the bread until slightly toasted.
- Add bread and olives to tomatoes and garlic, gently tossing to mix.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp. olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the mixture, gently tossing to coat.