Course Type: Appetizer
NatureSweet® Glorys® Burger Bites
A mini dish with huge flavor!
- 8 NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, sliced
- 16 large frozen waffle-cut fries (1/3 of 22-oz. bag)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2-3 tsp. seasoned salt
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, cut into quarters (4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Evenly space waffle fries on baking sheet, and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler.
- While fries are baking, combine ground beef and seasoned salt in a medium bowl. Form 16 1-oz. mini burgers.
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook burgers uncovered over medium heat for 5 minutes or until temperature registers 160° F on an instant-read thermometer, turning burgers once halfway through cooking. Drain fat.
- Top each waffle fry with a mini burger, a cheese quarter, and a Glorys® tomato slice.
- Broil the stacked mini burger 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and tomato begins to brown.
- Serve with mustard, ketchup, sour cream, and/or pickles.