Sautéed NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomato Couscous
Course Type: Side Dish
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
A fresh and tasty side dish that the whole family will love
- 2 cups NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1-1/2 cups couscous
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Course salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place stock in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and remove immediately from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Add couscous, stir and cover. Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add tomatoes, spinach leaves, walnuts, garlic and shallot. Sauté for 3 minutes or until tomatoes start to soften. Add basil and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to serving bowl. Add tomato mixture and gently combine.
- Serve at room temperature.