Shrimp Cocktail with NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes and Mango Salsa
Course Type: Appetizer
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
A fresh take on a refreshing hors d’oeuvre
- 1/2 container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, quartered
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup mango, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp. red onion, minced
- 1 tsp. serrano or habanero chile, minced
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp. mint, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a simmer, and fill a large bowl with ice water. Cook the shrimp in batches just until curled and pink, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to the ice water. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- When cool, drain the shrimp and pat dry.
- In a bowl, toss the mango with the tomatoes, onion, and chile. Stir in the lime juice, sugar, rice vinegar, cilantro, and mint. Season the salsa with salt and pepper.
- Divide the salsa in half, and place half of the salsa in the blender. Purée until smooth.
- Fold the remaining half of the salsa into the puréed half.
- Place the shrimp hanging off the rim of a cocktail glass, and fill the glass with the tomato mango salsa.
Recipes created by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry service to NatureSweet®. All rights reserved.