Course Type: Appetizer, Snack, Vegetarian
Spicy Blistered Tomatoes and Yogurt Dip
Cool Greek yogurt and warm blistered tomatoes come together for an absolutely crave-worthy appetizer.
- 2 cups NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp. yellow mustard seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced, plus 1 whole clove, peeled
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Endive “spoon” leaves, crusty bread, breadsticks, crackers, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Toss tomatoes with mustard seeds, sliced garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 cup oil; arrange on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt. Bake, stirring once, until tomatoes are blistered, 45 to 50 minutes. Discard thyme and any extra-brown garlic slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt and lemon juice; spoon into a shallow dish. Top with warm tomatoes and drizzle with some of the oil from the baking sheet. Finished with a pinch of flaky salt and red pepper flakes. Serve with choice of bread, crackers, endive leaves, and breadsticks for dipping.