Vegan Pesto and Cherubs® Flatbread
Course Type: Entree, Vegan
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pizza night just got a whole lot sweeter.
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- Olive oil, for greasing
- 24 oz pre-made pizza dough, divided in two
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz pesto
- 1 (10-oz) container of NatureSweet® Cherubs®, halved
- ½ cup kale, chopped
- 8-10 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 cup small broccoli florets
- ¼ of a small red onion, cut into thin rings
- 5-10 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon hemp hearts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Red pepper flakes
- Place dough on a cornmeal-dusted cutting board. Bring to room temperature (approx. 60 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Grease a baking sheet(s) with olive oil.
- Knead and shape each piece of dough to your desired thickness. Transfer to the baking sheet(s). Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Spread 3 oz of pesto over each crust. Evenly distribute toppings over each flatbread.
- Return the flatbreads to the oven and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, until the crust is golden-brown, and the vegetables are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, top with garnishes, slice, and serve.