15-Minute Grilled Avocado and Tomato Salad
Course Type: Side Dish, Side Salad, Vegetarian
Preparation Time: 15 min
Creamy avocado, spicy jalapeno and sweet Cherubs®—the perfect grilled side dish does exist!
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. salt
- 3 avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 (10 oz.) container NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar and salt and let come to a boil, being sure to mix all ingredients together. Place sliced onion into a bowl and pour mixture on top and allow to sit while you make the salad.
- Cut all avocados in half, remove the pits, but not the skin. Place face down onto a hot grill and grill for about 2-5 minutes until avocados are tender but not burnt.
- Scoop avocado halves out of their skins and set face up on a platter. Squeeze lime juice over them, and then add the tomatoes, jalapeno and cilantro. Remove onions from vinegar mixture and arrange on top. Finish with a sprinkling of crumbled feta cheese, and serve!