Course Type: Entreé Salad, Healthy Options, Side Salad
20-Minute Shaved Asparagus & Tomato Salad
Forgo traditional lettuce for shaved asparagus in this delicious and unique salad.
- 1/2 lb. French or Italian bread, preferably slightly stale
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more for serving
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 (10 oz) container NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Shaved parmesan, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Tear bread into approximately 1” cubes and spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour olive oil, thyme, and salt over bread and toss to combine. Bake until golden brown and crisp, 10-12 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients for the dressing until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Shave asparagus spears with a vegetable peeler along the length to create thin ribbons. In a medium bowl, toss shaved asparagus with dressing until coated.
- To assemble the salad, arrange shaved asparagus on a serving plate. Top with Cherubs® tomatoes and shallots. Garnish with pine nuts, parsley, shaved parmesan, croutons, and black pepper