Course Type: Healthy Options, Lunch Entreé, Main Course, Salad, Side Dish
30-Minute Herby Shrimp and Orzo Salad
Make this hearty summer salad in advance for a burst of heavenly flavor later.
- 8 oz. dry orzo
- 1 lb. large shrimp, tail on and deveined
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 oz NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup corn, grilled, or frozen & thawed
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup peas
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Cook the orzo in salted water, according to the package directions. While the orzo is cooking, prepare the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the spices, then toss until evenly coated.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high for about one minute, then cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
- Add the cooked orzo and the cooked shrimp to a large bowl. Add the NatureSweet® Cherubs® corn, chopped jalapeño, cilantro, and peas. Toss to combine. Season with additional olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy!