Baked Feta with Chopped Olives, Herbs, and NatureSweet® Comets™ and Glorys® Tomatoes Served with Pita Chips
Course Type: Appetizer, Healthy Options
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
A warm, cozy, colorful crowd-pleaser
- 1 cup NatureSweet® Comets™ tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped, divided use
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach, packed
- 10 oz. feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a bowl, mix tomatoes, olives, shallots, garlic, mint, dill, 1 tbsp. parsley, olive oil, and a few grinds of pepper. Set aside to allow flavors to meld.
- Blanch the spinach in well-salted boiling water until bright green and wilted down, then shock in ice water. Squeeze out all excess moisture. Chop roughly.
- Sprinkle a layer of spinach in an oven-safe dish, and pile some of the tomato mixture on the spinach, then crumble the feta. Repeat until the dish is filled with the layers of spinach, tomato mixture, and feta. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with pita chips. Serve immediately.