Course Type: Main Course
Braciole with Roasted NatureSweet® Glorys®
Brac-i-OMG! You’ll love this take on the Italian classic.
- 2 containers NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley leaves, packed, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-3/4 pounds to 2 pounds beef flank steak
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, garlic, Pecorino Romano cheese, parsley, 1 tbsp. olive oil, and 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper.
- Between large sheets of waxed paper, with flat side of meat mallet or heavy skillet, pound steak to even 1/2-inch thickness.
- Spread crumb mixture over steak in even layer; press into meat.
- Starting at long side, roll steak into long cylinder, enclosing mixture completely. (Some breadcrumbs may spill out.) With butcher's twine or kitchen string, tie roll tightly at 1-inch intervals.
- Place roll in center of 18x12-inch jelly roll pan.
- Rub remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil and 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper all over steak, including the bottom so it doesn't stick. Scatter tomatoes around steak roll.
- Roast 25-27 minutes, or until thermometer inserted at thickest part reads 130° F.
- Let steak stand in pan 10 minutes to rest for easier slicing.
- Remove and discard twine; cut roll crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Serve meat slices with roasted Glorys®. Enjoy!