20-Minute Broiled Feta with Tomatoes and Capers
Course Type: Appetizer
Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
A melty and memorable holiday appetizer.
- 1 (8 ounce) block feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 (10-oz.) container of NatureSweet® Constellation™ tomatoes, halved
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- Preheat the broiler and set the oven rack in the top position. Place the feta in a small (1.5-quart) baking dish. Scatter the tomatoes around the feta, then broil until the edges of the cheese have browned and the tomatoes have softened, about 4 minutes (keep an eye on it as broilers vary greatly).
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the capers.
- Spoon the garlic-caper mixture over the feta and tomatoes. Serve immediately.