Course Type: Entree, Salad
Cherubs® Steak Fajita Bowl
Everything you love about fajitas — in a bowl.
Ingredients:Cherubs® Steak Fajita Bowl
- 1 lb. skirt or flank steak
- 2½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 ears of corn, cooked and kernels cut off
- 2 cups sliced mixed peppers
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 4 cups NatureSweet Cherubs® tomatoes
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- Fresh limes , cut into wedges
- In a bowl or plastic bag, combine steak, cumin, chili powder, salt, lime zest and lime juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and soy sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prep a grill or grill pan with olive oil. Remove the steak from the b owl and discard the marinade.
- Grill the steak 4 - 6 minutes per side to an internal temperature of 140 degrees for medium.
- Remove the steak from the grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice against the grain into ½ - inch strips and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the same pan you used to grill the steak. If using a grill, brush with oil.
- Add the peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the cooked rice in a large serving bowl. Squeeze lime juice over the rice and add half of the chopped cilantro.
- Arrange sliced steak, cooked corn, peppers, onion, black beans, tomatoes, and sliced avocado separately on top of the rice.
- Top with remaining cilantro and garnish with lime wedges.