Cherubs® Tabbouleh with Grilled Chicken Kebabs
Course Type: Entreé Salad, Main Course
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Unique Mediterranean flavors the whole family will love
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 12 strips
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. black pepper, divided
- ½ cup lemon juice, divided
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 (10 oz) container NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes, quartered
- 3 handfuls flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves, torn
- Place the bulgur wheat in a large bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling water over and set aside until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and return to bowl.
- Combine garlic, cinnamon, 1 tsp black pepper, ¼ cup lemon juice and yogurt in a medium bowl. Add chicken strips and toss to coat. Thread 3 strips on each skewer.
- Grill over medium-hot coals, turning every 2 minutes, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour 1/4 cup lemon juice, oil, salt and 1 tsp. black pepper over bulgur wheat and stir together. Add NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes, parsley and mint, and toss to combine. Serve with chicken skewers.