Chicken with Balsamic NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomato Sauce
Course Type: Main Course
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
A great alternative to traditional red sauce and chicken
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh basil, packed
- 4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in skillet. Cook 5-6 minutes per side until it is browned and reaches 170° F internal temperature. (Chicken will feel springy-firm to the touch and juices will run clear when pierced with the tip of a knife.)
- Transfer chicken to serving plates and cover lightly to keep warm.
- Add tomatoes and garlic to skillet; cook 1 minute or just until warmed through.
- Add balsamic vinegar and basil, and cook additional 30 seconds. Spoon sauce over chicken, and serve.
Tip: If chicken breasts are very thick, press to about 3/4-inch thickness using palm of hand or a meat mallet. Chicken will cook more evenly and thoroughly without overbrowning.