Course Type: Breakfast, Entree, Main Course
Comets and Goat Cheese Quiche
Enjoy this traditional French dish! Featuring a delicious hint of goat cheese and Comets™️ with a high content of iron and minerals that make all your dishes well-balanced.
Ingredients:Comets and Goat Cheese Quiche
- 2 cup Comets™️
- ¾ cup onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 cup butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 5 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 cup goat cheese
Instructions:Comets and Goat Cheese Quiche
- On a chopping board, cut Comets™ in half and set aside in a bowl.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter, add onion, and cook until translucent stirring constantly. Lower heat to low and let cook for 20 more minutes stirring occasionally until caramelized. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add flour, salt, and butter, and mix using the flat beater until completely incorporated. Add egg and mix until a homogenous dough is formed. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Flour a flat surface and using a rolling pin roll out dough to 0.1-inch thickness. Cut to the diameter of the pan and remove excess dough. Set aside.
- Place dough in a tart pan making sure there are no air bubbles between the pan and the dough. Poke the bottom of the tart with a fork to prevent any air bubbles when baking. Cover with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes. (Helpful tip: You may place raw beans over the parchment paper to keep it from moving, and remove once out of the oven.)
- Remove parchment paper and bake for 15 more minutes. Remove from oven and let cool without unmolding.
- In a bowl, add eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper, and mix until completely incorporated.
- Once the quiche crust is cold, spread goat cheese, add Comets™️ all over the pan, and top with caramelized onions.
- Pour egg mixture into the tart pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the mixture sets and the surface is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve.