Comets™ Tomato Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Course Type: Gluten Free, Healthy Options, Main Course
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
Finally – a guilt-free pizza!
- 2 12-oz. bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Comets™ tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Put the cauliflower rice into a microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 4 minutes. Remove from microwave, and allow to rest covered for another 5 minutes. The steam will finish cooking the cauliflower.
- Allow the cauliflower to cool, and then strain through a strainer, cheesecloth or paper towel until all the water is drained. Note: The key to a crisper crust is removing as much moisture from the cauliflower as possible.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower rice with the cheeses, spices and eggs. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the cauliflower mixture onto a shallow baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread out the cauliflower mixture into a large round disk, no thicker than half an inch.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip over the cauliflower crust onto another baking sheet, and remove the parchment paper. Continue baking another 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, add the oil, onions, peppers and tomatoes to a skillet, and heat over medium heat until the peppers wilt.
- Remove crust from the oven, and top with the veggies and cheeses. Continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
Serves: 8 slices