Comets™ Tomato Puttanesca with Zoodles
Course Type: Gluten Free, Healthy Options, Main Course
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Who says noodles can’t be healthy?
- 2 10-oz. containers NatureSweet® Comets™ tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 4-oz. jar pimientos
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 4 medium-sized zucchinis, turned into “zoodles” with a spiralizer
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic and onions, and sauté for several minutes until veggies begin to wilt.
- Add tomato halves, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. Continue to stir, and allow mixture to cook for about 5 minutes, until the tomatoes cook down.
- Add parsley and olives, and stir to combine well.
- Add the raw zucchini “zoodles” to the skillet, and combine well with the tomato mixture. Stir and toss for about 4-5 minutes, until the zoodles are cooked but not mushy.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese (optional).