Constellation™ Calypso Shrimp Salsa
Course Type: Appetizer, Game Day, Salsa
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serve this deliciously spiced special-teams play
- 1 10-oz container NatureSweet® Constellation™ tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp. Jamaican jerk seasoning, divided
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 heads Boston Bibb lettuce (optional)
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and 1 teaspoon of Jamaican jerk seasoning, and cook until the shrimp turns pink, about 4 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool. Cut the shrimp into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, avocado, red onion, red pepper, cucumber and lime juice. Toss in the shrimp and the remaining teaspoon of Jamaican jerk seasoning.
- Serve with a plate of Boston Bibb lettuce leaves or thick tortilla chips.