Course Type: Appetizer
Glorys Ricotta Galette
Try this delicious gallette stuffed with cherry tomatoes and ricotta cheese. In this recipe, you will enjoy the freshness of Glorys®, which give this galette the perfect flavor.
Ingredients:Glorys®️ Ricotta Galette
- 2 cups flour for the flaky pastry dough
- 2 tablespoons sugar for the flaky pastry dough
- 1 teaspoon salt for the flaky pastry dough
- 1 cup butter for the flaky pastry dough
- 1/2 cup water for the flaky pastry dough
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 cups Glorys
- 2 tablesppons oilve oil
- salt & pepper
Instructions:Glorys®️ Ricotta Galette
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, and salt until incorporated. Add butter and mix using your hands until a crumbly texture is obtained. Add water and mix thoroughly until a homogenous dough is formed. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix ricotta cheese, salt, lime zest, lime juice, and thyme using a spatula until cheese softens and ingredients are completely incorporated. Set aside.
- On a chopping board, cut Glorys® into halves and transfer to a bowl. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper, and mix with Glorys®. Set aside.
- For assembling the galette: Flour a flat surface and, using a rolling pin, roll out flaky pastry dough to 0.3-inch-thickness. It must not be too thin since it will be stuffed and may break. Form a large circle of 1.1 inches in diameter and place on a parchment paper-lined plate.
- Using a spoon, add ricotta cheese mixture at the center of the dough leaving 1.9 to 2.7 inches on the edge free. Place Glorys® on top. Lift the edge of the flaky pastry dough to cover the sides of the stuffing. The extra pastry dough will only cover the sides of the galette. Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place on a board, let rest for 5 minutes, and garnish with fresh thyme.