Grilled Pesto Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs
Course Type: Appetizer
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Inactive Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Note: If using wooden skewers, they need to be soaked in water for at least 30 minutes prior to assembling and grilling kebabs.
- ¼ cup prepared pesto, store bought or homemade
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 4 Naturesweet Eclipse tomatoes, quartered
- 1 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch squares
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch squares
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together pesto, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat. Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Assemble the kebabs by threading onto each wooden or metal skewer: 4 pieces of chicken, 2 tomato quarters, and several pieces each of zucchini, bell pepper, and red onion. You should end up with 8 kebabs total.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium high heat (about 400-450℉). Use tongs and a paper towel dipped in olive oil to generously grease the grill grates.
- Arrange kebabs on the grill and grill for 10-15 minutes total, giving the kebabs a quarter turn every 3-5 minutes. The kebabs are done when chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165℉.