Grilled Scallops with NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes, Corn and Red Leaf Lettuce
Course Type: Main Course
Preparation Time: 61 minutes
This summery scallop recipe is a crowd-pleasing one-dish meal
- 1 container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes
- Litehouse® Tuscan Herb with Lemon Dressing & Marinade
- 12 jumbo sea scallops, about 2 oz. each
- 2 ears ripe corn, husked
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package Fresh Express® Red Leaf Mix
- In a large bowl, combine the scallops with about 1/2 cup Litehouse® Tuscan Herb with Lemon Dressing & Marinade. Cover the scallops, and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the grill on medium heat.
- Lightly brush the corn with Litehouse® Tuscan Herb with Lemon Dressing & Marinade. Grill the corn over medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until well marked and tender, 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove the corn from the grill. With a sharp knife, remove the kernels of corn from the cobs.
- Halve each of the Glorys® tomatoes. Grill them, skin side down, over medium heat, until they are softened, 1 to 2 minutes. In a medium bowl, mix the corn kernels with the tomatoes, and add just enough dressing to coat the vegetables lightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lift the scallops from their bowl, letting the excess dressing drip back into the bowl, and discard the dressing. Grill the scallops over medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until lightly browned and just opaque in the center, 4 to 6 minutes, turning once.
- Just before serving, add the Red Leaf Mix to the tomato mixture. Mix gently. Serve the scallops over a bed of the tomato and salad greens mixture.