Grilled Vegetable Garden Flatbread Pizza
Course Type: Vegetarian
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Note: If using raw or homemade pizza dough, it will need to be grilled longer.
- 1 12-inch, prepared thin style pizza crust
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium zucchini, cut into rounds
- ¼ of a red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup white button mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 Naturesweet Eclipse tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn into small pieces
- Fresh basil, for topping
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium high heat (about 400-450℉).
- Place chopped bell pepper, zucchini, onion, and mushrooms in a medium mixing bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, plus a pinch of salt and the oregano. Transfer to a grill pan or a disposable foil pan with holes poked in the bottom.
- Place the pan on the grill and cook vegetables for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you prefer grill marks on your zucchini, you can grill the zucchini directly on the grill grates and cook just the pepper, onion, and mushrooms in the pan.
- Remove the vegetables from the grill to make room for the crust. Brush one side of the pizza crust with olive oil and grill, oil side down, for 2 minutes. Brush the other side of the crust with remaining oil, flip, and grill 2 more minutes.
- Remove the crust from the grill. Top with pesto. Arrange the grilled vegetable on top of the pesto and then scatter the mozzarella on top of the vegetables.
- Return the pizza to the grill and grill over indirect heat until the cheese is melted. Top with fresh basil leaves, if desired, and serve immediately.