Loaded Comets™ Tomato Fries
Course Type: Appetizer
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Kid-friendly and fresh, perfect for after school
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet Comets™ tomatoes, cut in half (reserving several for garnish)
- 1 pound frozen crinkle-cut French fries
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 red pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into half-moon slices
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream for garnish
- Chives, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place the frozen French fries on a baking sheet or pizza stone. Bake for 10 minutes. Toss and cook another 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a large skillet and sauté the onions and peppers over medium heat. Cook until the onions and peppers begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and halved tomatoes to the skillet along with the salt and pepper, and toss and heat another 3 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Carefully remove the fries from the oven, and pile into the center of the baking sheet or stone. Cover the fries with the tomato and pepper mixture. Top with the black beans and cheddar cheese.
- Place the pan back in the oven, and heat for another 4-5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, and garnish with sour cream, chives, and the reserved NatureSweet tomatoes.