Mexican Glorys® Tomato and Corn Salad
Course Type: Gluten Free, Side Salad
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Grilled Mexican street corn, NatureSweet-style
- 1 10.5-oz. container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes
- 2 cobs of corn
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, queso fresco or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 4 hot dog buns (optional)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, in a squirt bottle
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat grill.
- Place the Glorys® tomatoes on skewers.
- Grill the corn on the cob and tomatoes for about 3 minutes. Flip the tomatoes, and grill for another 2 minutes. Remove the tomatoes from the grill, but let the corn continue to grill for another 5-7 minutes, flipping once.
- Remove the grilled tomatoes from the skewers, and place in a mixing bowl. Allow the corn to cool, and cut off the corn from the cob into the mixing bowl. Add the cheese, cilantro and chili powder, and combine well.
- Serve the corn salad over your favorite greens or in hot dog buns for a fun vegetarian twist on a Mexican corn dog. Drizzle with some of the mayonnaise.
- Garnish with a lime slice.