Meze Bulgur Bowl
Ready in less than 30 minutes, this is a vegan bowl inspired by Mediterranean roots. Simply put, it is made by layering cooked bulgur with roasted summer vegetables like eggplant, zucchini, peppers, and NatureSweet’s Constellation Summer Medley tomatoes and then topping it off with a dollop of homemade hummus. Give it a go with all the fresh summer produce!
Ingredients:Recipe courtesy of IG @FoolProofLivingMeze Bulgur Bowl
- 1 pint NatureSweet Constellation Summer Medley Tomatoes
- 1 eggplant, cut into cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut into cubes
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, more as drizzle in the end
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Instructions:Meze Bulgur Bowl
- Place tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, and bell pepper in a half-sheet pan. Drizzle it with olive oil and season it with salt and pepper. Roast in a preheated 400-degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until veggies are tender and tomatoes are blistered. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the bulgur by mixing it with vegetable broth in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring it to a boil, turn down the heat to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Fluff it with a fork.
- To assemble, place cooked bulgur in a bowl. Top it off with roasted eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, and tomatoes.
- Finish it off with a dollop of hummus, a sprinkle of fresh parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve!