NatureSweet® Cherubs® Mediterranean Salad
Course Type: Side Salad
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Familiar Mediterranean flavors the whole family will love
- 1 10-oz. container NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes
- 3/4 cup dry orzo, cooked according to package directions
- 1 small cucumber, halved
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 8-oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh anise (optional)
- 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 oz. reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cooked orzo, cucumber, onion, garbanzo beans, basil and oregano; blend well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over orzo mixture.
- Top with Cherubs® tomatoes.
- Gently fold tomatoes into salad.
- Garnish salad with feta cheese and sliced almonds. Serve immediately.