Course Type: Entreé Salad
NatureSweet® Cherubs® Panzanella Bread Salad
A Mediterranean influence courses through this flavorful salad
- 2 cups NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes, halved
- 2 5-oz. bags Fresh Gourmet® Classic Caesar Croutons or your favorite flavor
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tsp. lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:Red wine vinaigrette
- To prepare the vinaigrette, whisk together vinegar, orange juice, garlic, thyme and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Whisking constantly, add the extra virgin olive oil in a stream until well incorporated.
- In another bowl, combine Fresh Gourmet® Classic Caesar Croutons, basil leaves, NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and yellow bell pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the crouton mixture and toss well to coat.
- Let salad sit for 20 minutes until most of the dressing has been absorbed.
- Toss again and divide among four plates. Garnish each salad with shaved Parmesan cheese, and serve.